To Become a GrassFed SA member click below
- Enrol within GrassFed Association SA by filling in the Initiate application form
- Initiate sign-up fee R800
- Knowledge of Constitution, Code of best Practise, SOP’s and Protocol.
- SOP implementation & complying with Code of best Practice (not audited)
- The supply of grass-fed animals to membership structures (Only if you are not in a position to be a full member)
- Annual fees (R800 payable only after a year since signing up if not a full member)
- Membership (Subject to Application, Council approval and SAMIC Inspection)
- Annual Membership fee R1500
- Trade Contract / Agreement with Retailer / Trader / Butchery
- SOP and protocol compliance (SAMIC audit)
- Protocol responsibility & Traceability responsibility
- DIRECT MARKET
R 800 Initiate Membership fee (Annual) – (fall away once upgraded to full membership)
R 1 500 Full Member (Annual) Membership Fee
R 1 030 Internal Audit Fee per Member ( exc VAT) + Travel (needs to be determined before Audit by GFASA
R 1 030 SAMIC Audit Fee per Farm ( exc VAT) + Travel (needs to be determined before Audit by GFASA
R ? Fee that will be charged per kg meat produced at slaughter weight. Based on a submission system, periodically
Bank Details / Bank Besonderhede
Grass Fed Association of South Africa
Standard Bank Account no: 202286134
Rosebank Branch code: 014305
Universal branch: 051001
Why become a GrassFed Member?
GrassFed Membership enable the producer to market his/ her product directly because the product is certified.
Value Chain & Direct Marketing System
Understand the value chain
Moving away from the conventional way of marketing , through the GrassFed Association the value chain can be re-defined for the benefit of the producer the retailer and the consumer by more direct marketing. It is a win-win situation .