To Become a GrassFed SA member click below
- Enrol within GrassFed Association SA by filling in the Initiate application form
- Initiate sign-up fee
- Knowledge of Constitution, Code of Best Practise, SOP’s and Protocol.
- SOP implementation & complying with Code of Best Practice (not audited)
- The supply of grass-fed animals to membership structures (Only if you are not in a position to be a full member)
- Annual fees
- Membership (Subject to Application, Council approval and SAMIC Inspection)
- Annual Membership fee
- Trade Contract / Agreement with Retailer / Trader / Butchery
- SOP and protocol compliance (SAMIC audit)
- Protocol responsibility & Traceability responsibility
- DIRECT MARKET
For membership information in your area please contact the GFASA member closest to to you. Contact details available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
R 800 Full Member (Annual) Membership Fee
R 950 Farm Inspection per Farm + Travel R5.50/km( excl. VAT) (only relevant to Internal audits)
R 1 179.14 SAMIC Audit Fee per Farm + Travel R5.50/km (excl. VAT) (compulsory year one then as selected randomly) Needs to be determined before Audit by GFASA
R 1 179.14 Annual Internal Audit Fee per Member ( excl. VAT) + Travel R5.50/km (needs to be determined before Audit by GFASA
During year one both audits are compulsory. In years thereafter the internal audit might change to a Strategy Review which is annually compulsory. The SAMIC audit will then
be conducted when a member is randomly chosen. In that year the strategy review will fall away. In other words, every member will have 2 audits the first year and there-after 1 audit every year which might be an Internal (Strategy review) audit or a SAMIC audit.
R 0.20/kg Fee that will be charged per kg of meat produced at slaughter weight. Based on a submission system, periodically
Bank Details / Bank Besonderhede
Grass Fed Association of South Africa
Standard Bank Account no: 202286134
Rosebank Branch code: 014305
Universal branch: 051001
Why become a GrassFed Member?
GrassFed Membership enables the producer to market his/ her product directly because the product is certified.
Value Chain & Direct Marketing System
Understand the value chain
Moving away from the conventional way of marketing, through the GrassFed Association the value chain can be re-defined for the benefit of the producer the retailer and the consumer by more direct marketing. It is a win-win situation.